Interested in learning about my read aloud lessons! Click Here!

X


Phonics Practice and a FREEBIE!

Phonics is the most important building block to reading.  Students must be able to recognize letters and identify the sound connected to them in order to begin their reading journey.  As teachers, we are always looking for different fun ways to introduce and reinforce this important skill.

I have used these easy, fun to make, alphabet ties in my classroom to help introduce or reinforce letters and sounds.


They can be used as a whole group, small group or as an independent center activity.  Super simple and fun activity.

First the students practice writing the letters then color the beginning sounds and the ties.  


Then cut the lines on each side of the tie and glue or tape to each side of the tie.  The two strips can be stapled in the back so the students can wear their tie.
Students wear the ties home and their parents know what they learned in class!!

We also know the importance of students mastering sight word recognition in the reading process.  I have also made a set of Pre-Primer Sight Word Ties as well.

Students trace the word and cut and paste the letters to spell the word.


Students then cut the tie and the lines on each side of the tie.  

They can glue or tape the pieces to complete the tie.

Again, the students wear the ties home and parents know what the students are learning in class!

Other ways to use the ties in class:
  • Students make their own and take them home.
  • Teacher wears one and asks different students to name the letter or sight word in order to enter/exit the classroom.
  • Make and laminate several ties and have stuffed animals wear the ties.  Students search for the different animals with the ties and read the letter or word.
  • If you use Elf on a Shelf during the holidays, I have had our elf wear one a couple of times!
  • Special guests or volunteers can wear them!  
There are countless ways to use the ties in your classroom. 

FREEBIE!   If you are interested in trying the ties in  your classroom, you can find a sample here

Here is a link to the ties in my TPT store. 



  

2 comments

  1. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I tried to follow the link to your TpT store and it didn't work :(
    LOVE the ties!! I'm sharing them on my Facebook! You can view the FB post here, if you like: https://www.facebook.com/inmyworldlaviniapop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why the link won't work for you. I tried it on my phone and laptop and it takes me to the store. Thank you SO much for sharing them on your Facebook page. That is really sweet of you!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog. I appreciate your comments and questions. For immediate help, use the contact form linked at the top of the site..